On Site Personnel, LLC is looking for Quality Control/Quality Assurance specialist for our food manufacturing company in Owings Mills, MD.
This position reports to the QA supervisor and directs and supervises a laboratory technician. Is responsible for the overall lab and QA line activities for one production shift; should be able to rotate shifts at a frequency that is determined by the QA manager, for instance every month or biweekly. The individual should have the attitude, disposition and determination to be trained in analytical laboratory and sensory procedures as required to enhance the functioning of the QA lab and other quality assurance systems.
Monday – Friday | 3 shifts available
1ST 7 AM – 3:30 PM
2ND 2 PM – 10:30 PM
3RD 10 PM – 6 AM
$18 – $20/hour
- Examines COA’s and evaluate samples of each incoming ingredient to ensure that quality specifications are met, employing approved laboratory methods.
- Inspects samples of each lot of packaging materials received and stored at the warehouse to ensure that comply with standards.
- Evaluates samples of finished products made in the OM1 plant to ensure compliance with finished product specifications, including sensorial and physicochemical characteristics.
- Provides QA support to the OM1 manufacturing operation by conducting the appropriate quality checks in the production equipment and in the product in process, including Sanitation, GMP’s and preventive controls as per HACCP and FSMA.
- Assists the QA lab supervisor in the verification of food safety measures including but not limited to verification of critical control points, environmental testing and allergen control and change over.
- Keeps and maintains appropriate laboratory records and generates timely QA lab reports as required by internal customers or to comply with SQF procedures or FSMA regulations, including those of Comanufacturers.
- Performs other QA laboratory duties as assigned.
- B. SC. Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition, Biology, Chem. Engineering or related science field.
- Zero to four years of laboratory environment experience such as food laboratory, analytical laboratory, chemistry, biological or related sciences. Experience in any laboratory of a food manufacturing company is a plus.
- Ability to effectively train his or her subordinates and peers on job related technical details.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately communicate food technology and QA details related to this position.
- Ability to organize, self-direct, and execute, the established ingredient testing and sensory evaluation protocols.
- Ability to input and manage documentation/data into hard copy and document software systems in a through and accurate manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet manufacturing and other required timelines.
- Ability to converse with food science and QA peers on a professional technical level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Moderate to strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capability and disposition to lead independent project.
- Be able to lift 40 lbs
Apply in person at our hiring event!
Monday 5/7/18 9 AM – 1 PM
7351 Assateague Drive, Unit 260
Jessup, MD 20794
Call 410-540-9500/410-807-3280 if you have any questions.