On Site Personnel is seeking an experienced packer for a toy manufacturer located in Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD.
Shift: 8 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday
The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletize product, and completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
- Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs. Ensures that products are packaged in cases with appropriate corresponding labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids using correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack to move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
- Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards defective bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the floor.
- Assists with product rework according to plant expectations
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions.
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
- Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mathematical skills
CALL (929) 239-9421 TODAY
If interested and meet qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com or call our recruiters to schedule a time for interview and more information on available positions with On Site Personnel.